Amazon Pay Credit Card is the first credit card by Amazon , in partnership with ICICI Bank, and looks like a good card for starters. It is a contactless Visa credit card.
And if you are happy with flat 1% cashback on all spends as well as a lot of Amazon offers, just go for it!
How to Apply?
- Customers can apply for the new Amazon Pay Credit Card directly from the Amazon app or from ICICI Bank website. So that means you have to be an existing Amazon customer before you can apply for this card.
- However, as per the company, approval will depend on individual digital behaviour.
- It uses Visa Payment Network, is a contactless card and is a co-branded card of Paytm and Citibank. This means it will also have offers from both these companies.
- The card has an annual fee of Rs 0
- This card is said to offer 1% “universal unlimited cashback” to customers along with no restrictions on earning categories, which will be auto-credited to the card account every month.
Amazon Pay benefits:
- Earn 5% back on Amazon.in for Amazon Prime customers*
- Earn 3% back on Amazon.in for non-prime customers*
- Earn 2% back on 100+ Amazon Pay partner merchants by using this card on Amazon Pay *
- Earn 1% back on other payments*
Exclusive ICICI Bank privileges
- 15% savings on dining bills at over 2,500 restaurants across India through Culinary Treats Programme.
- Waiver of 1% on fuel surcharge.
If you are a regular shopper at amazon and also happy with the 5% cashback, it is the perfect card for you. Also, it will be credited to your card account, so as good as cash
PIECE OF ADVICE:
- Calculate and compare with your existing cards (& your annual spending) and then decide if this card is worth for you. However, if you are a first time credit card user who uses Paytm, you should go for it and use it properly !
- Also, ensure you always repay the amount to the fullest for any credit card.