Flipkart, in partnership with Axis Bank and Mastercard has launched its first co-branded credit card in India with “Unlimited Cashback”.
This follows the swarm of co-branded credit card launched by e-commerce and other companies like Paytm First Credit Citibank Card, ICICI Amazon Credit Card, SBI Ola Money Credit Card etc to name a few.
- The new Flipkart Axis Bank credit card will be available to select users in July, however it will be open to more users going forward.
- Customers will be able to apply for the card using Axis Bank Credit card site or Flipkart.
- However, as per the company, approval will depend on individual digital behaviour.
- It uses Mastercard Payment Network, is a contactless card and is a co-branded card of Flipkart and Axis Bank.
- This means it will also have offers from both these companies.
- The card has an annual fee of Rs 500 (not too expensive, neither free.. Smart move !!).
- Fee waiver: On spending Rs 2 Lakhs in the year.
- Flat 5% Cashback (YES, It is true !) on:
- It will be auto-credited to the card account every month, so will get adjusted against the bills. Basically AS GOOD AS CASH – !
- Flat 4% Cashback on Preferred Merchants namely:
- MakeMyTrip &
- It will be auto-credited to the card account every month.
- Flat 1.50% Cashback on all other categories – except Gold, wallet loading and fuel spends (updated basis feedback from Aanal Shah)
Promocodes / Welcome Offers:
The card offers welcome benefits worth Rs 3,300 on activation of the card:
- Rs. 500 worth Flipkart vouchers on your first transaction anywhere with your Flipkart axis bank credit card
- Six months complimentary Gaana subscription
- Rs. 500 off on domestic hotel booking with Goibibo on a minimum booking of Rs. 2,000 with promo-code, “GIAXISFK”
- Rs. 500 off on domestic hotel booking with Makemytrip on a minimum booking of Rs. 2,000 with promo-code, “MMTAXISFK”
- 15 per cent cashback up to Rs. 500 on first transaction on Myntra
- 20 per cent instant discount up to Rs. 400 for new Urban Clapcustomers via using promo-code, “AXISFLIPKART”
Airport Lounge Access:
Yes this card does offer lounge accesses as well at the domestic airports.
- 4 complimentary lounge visits to select domestic airport lounges every calendar year with the card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at fuel stations across India.
- Valid only on transactions between Rs 400 and Rs 4,000 and capped at a maximum waiver of Rs 500 per month
- Up to 20% discount at various partner restaurants across the country with the card.
Exciting EMI offers also on purchases above Rs 2,500 !
Users need to note here that the cashback amount will be automatically credited in the customer’s account every month, which means it is an actual “Cashback” and not a reward point thing.
- This card beats most other co-branded ecommerce cards in terms of returns.
- All the promocodes might not be useful to everyone but are good enough to return back your annual fee and ensure you make your card profitable.
- If you have other high-end cards which offer returns like 2.5 – 3.33% (in addition to the 5X and 10X offers), it may not make sense for you. Just that you may want to use it for its benefits but your cards already are providing much more than that.
PIECE OF ADVICE:
- Calculate and compare with your existing cards (& your annual spending) and then decide if this card is worth for you. However, if you are a first time credit card user who uses Flipkart, you should go for it and use it properly !
- Also, ensure you always repay the amount to the fullest for any credit card